Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Another Rainy Day

Another rainy day, another blog post, another hour of procrastinating.

While reading Miguel Syjuco's  Ilustrado, one of the assigned novels for my literature class, I came across this line:

"Clichés remind and reassure us that we’re not alone, that others have trod this ground long ago."


This is, in my opinion, a very interesting way of looking at it. Whenever people use the word cliché, it is with a negative connotation. Miguel Syjuco's view of it, however, is of a positive and comforting note. It goes to show that things are never really one-sided and that there is always more than one way of looking at the same thing. 

I just thought I should share this quote. It may not be a deep philosophical reflection on the meaning of life or any of those literary quotes that people see on tumblr, but it gives you a new view on the concept of clichés. 

Until always,
Lemonjuicesodapop

No comments:

Post a Comment