Friday, September 28, 2012

My First Post

As a child, I always had trouble keeping diaries. I would grab a pretty little notebook with a tiny padlock and promise myself that I would write in it every day. Unfortunately, the padlock would either be broken by my older brothers or I would simply forget about the diary's existence. The latter was the more common occurrence.

Now that I am eighteen years old, I figured that I should give this journal-ing thing another go. Hopefully I'll keep my promise to myself to always update and post on this blog. 

So maybe it's time for a short introduction. I am an eighteen year old college freshman (or freshwoman) majoring in literature. I love reading (of course!), theater, movies, music, art, watching sports, super heroes, food, foreign languages (especially Spanish), different cultures (especially Spain and Latin America), and travelling. 

I don't have a set subject for this blog. The posts will be about anything under the sun, but that makes the blogging way more fun. 

Comic book emperor Stan Lee signs his entries in the Bullpen Bulletins with the Latin word excelsior ("ever upward"). I'd love to have a catchphrase like that, but since Mr. Lee has already lay claim on that word, I'll have to search for another one. Until I find it, I will use a phrase from Julio Cortazar's "The End of the Game":

Until always. 

-lemonjuicesodapop


No comments:

Post a Comment